Yoga Teaching Certificate and Diploma
As yoga became more popular worldwide, Australia follows the trend and is in high demand for that type of well-being activity. From yoga studios to gym clubs, corporate areas to retreat centers, the market is in high demand for quality yoga teachers. By studying a Certificate IV in yoga teaching or a Diploma of yoga teaching you will be able to learn yoga and lead yoga classes.
Certificate IV in Yoga Teaching
The Certificate IV in Yoga Teaching is your first step into teaching yoga. This national qualification allows you to be a ‘yoga teacher’. You will learn to plan, organise and conduct yoga classes to groups of clients.
Diploma in Yoga Teaching
The Diploma of Yoga Teaching allows you to progress and develop your yoga career. This national qualification allows you to be an advanced yoga teacher. You will deepen your yoga skills and knowledge, learning specialised skills to work with individuals at various life stages and those with special needs and chronic conditions.
More about Studying Yoga in Australia:
Job outcomes in Australia studying Yoga:
- Yoga Teacher
- Yoga Studio Owner/Manager
- Program Coordinator
- Specialist Yoga Teacher
What do I need to study Yoga in Australia?
To study Yoga in Australia, you will generally need to meet the following requirements:
- English Language Proficiency: You will need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency, which can be demonstrated through a range of English language tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE.
- Educational Qualifications: Some Yoga courses may require prior education or qualifications, such as a high school diploma or equivalent, or a relevant tertiary qualification.
- Visa Requirements: Depending on the length of your course, you may need to apply for a Student Visa or a Visitor Visa. If your course is longer than three months, you will generally need to apply for a Student Visa.
- Financial Requirements: You will need to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while studying in Australia, including tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs.
- Health Insurance: International students are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of their stay in Australia.
- Course Selection: You will need to choose a reputable education institution that offers Yoga courses that meet your needs and interests.
It's important to note that the specific requirements may vary depending on the course and education institution you choose.
How much do yoga teachers earn Australia?
The earnings of yoga teachers in Australia can vary depending on a range of factors, such as their level of experience, location, and the type of classes they teach. Generally, yoga teachers can earn anywhere from around AUD $25 to AUD $80 per hour, with the average rate being around AUD $50 per hour.
Some yoga teachers also earn additional income by teaching private classes, conducting workshops or retreats, or selling yoga-related products such as books or videos. In addition, some yoga teachers may be employed by yoga studios or fitness centers on a full-time or part-time basis, which can provide more stable and consistent income.
It's important to note that the earnings of yoga teachers can vary significantly depending on the demand for their services, their level of expertise, and their ability to market themselves effectively. As with any profession, it can take time and effort to build up a successful career as a yoga teacher.
How big is the yoga market in Australia?
The yoga market in Australia has been steadily growing over the past decade, with an increasing number of Australians embracing yoga as a form of physical exercise, stress relief, and spiritual practice.
The yoga market in Australia is also diverse, with a range of different styles and approaches to yoga available, including Hatha, Vinyasa, Iyengar, Bikram, and Kundalini yoga, among others. This diversity has helped to make yoga more accessible to a wider range of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, and interests.
Overall, the yoga market in Australia is a significant and growing industry, with a strong demand for yoga classes, workshops, retreats, and related products and services.
Can I get a Student Visa studying Yoga in Australia?
Yes, it is possible to obtain a student visa for studying yoga in Australia. To be eligible, you will need to apply to a registered course or program offered by a recognized education provider in Australia, and meet the other requirements set by the Department of Home Affairs, including English language proficiency and financial capacity.
The specific requirements for obtaining a student visa to study yoga in Australia may vary depending on the length and type of program you are applying for, as well as your country of origin.
Study Destination is here to help you through the whole process, accompanying you and making your life easier. Contact us to start realising your dream!