Study to Become a Locksmith
Lock up your future by studying locksmith Certificate III. Who never lost their keys or sap the door? Yes, the Locksmith career offers a great opportunity for those looking for a PR pathway or willing to develop specific skills. Develop a career as a generalist locksmith with a practical learning approach. Specialise in areas such as alarms, automotive security or safes, and secure storage.
As a locksmith, you will be responsible for installing, repairing, and adjusting locks and security systems in various settings, such as residential, commercial, and industrial properties. You may also cut keys, rekey locks, and assist clients with gaining access to locked buildings or vehicles. Locksmiths must have knowledge of different types of locks and security systems, as well as the tools and techniques used to work with them. You can work for a locksmith company or operate on your own, and you must have excellent communication and problem-solving skills to provide effective solutions to your clients' security needs.
More about Studying to become a Locksmith in Australia:
Job outcomes in Australia studying a Locksmith Course:
- Electronic Access System
- EngineerAlarm System Engineer
- CCTV System Engineer
- Vault Technician
- Automotive Locksmith
- Domestic Locksmith
- Safe Technician
- Commercial Locksmith
How do you become a locksmith in Australia?
In Australia, becoming a locksmith typically involves completing a trade qualification in locksmithing. Here are the general steps to become a locksmith in Australia:
- Complete a pre-apprenticeship course: This is an optional step, but completing a pre-apprenticeship course in locksmithing can give you a good foundation of knowledge and increase your chances of securing an apprenticeship.
- Find an apprenticeship: To become a qualified locksmith in Australia, you need to complete a four-year apprenticeship in locksmithing. You can find apprenticeships through job search websites, locksmith companies, or by contacting the Master Locksmiths Association of Australasia (MLAA).
- Complete the apprenticeship: During the apprenticeship, you will learn the skills and knowledge required to become a competent locksmith. You will work under the supervision of a qualified locksmith and attend TAFE (Technical and Further Education) to complete your formal training.
- Obtain a security license: To work as a locksmith in Australia, you need to obtain a security license from your state or territory's regulatory authority. The requirements for obtaining a security license can vary depending on where you live.
- Join a professional association: Joining a professional association like the MLAA can help you network with other locksmiths, access industry news and training, and build your professional reputation.
Becoming a locksmith in Australia requires commitment and dedication, but it can be a rewarding career for those who enjoy working with their hands and helping others secure their property.
How much do locksmith apprentices get paid in Australia?
The pay rate for locksmith apprentices in Australia can vary depending on a few factors, such as the state or territory you live in, the industry you work in, and the stage of your apprenticeship. However, according to the National Minimum Wage Order, the minimum weekly wage for a locksmith apprentice in Australia is:
- First year: $427.00
- Second year: $517.10
- Third year: $621.80
- Fourth year: $726.50
It's important to note that these are minimum wage rates and some employers may pay more than this. Additionally, as you progress through your apprenticeship and gain more skills and experience, you may be eligible for pay increases.
Are locksmiths in demand Australia?
Yes, locksmiths are in demand in Australia, as there is a consistent need for their services across various sectors. With the increase in population and urbanisation, there is a growing demand for locksmith services in residential, commercial, and industrial settings.
Moreover, as security concerns continue to rise, many individuals and businesses are looking for ways to secure their properties, creating an ongoing demand for locksmiths who can install and maintain various types of locks and security systems.
Can I get a Student Visa studying a Locksmith Course in Australia?
In order to obtain a Student Visa to study a Locksmith course in Australia, you would need to meet certain eligibility requirements set by the Australian Government.
Firstly, you would need to be accepted into a registered course of study with a provider that is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). You can search for registered courses and providers on the CRICOS website.
Secondly, you would need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency. This can be demonstrated through a number of English language tests such as IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic or Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE).
Thirdly, you would need to meet the financial requirements to cover your course fees and living expenses while in Australia. This includes showing proof of sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, travel costs and living expenses.
Fourthly, you would need to meet health and character requirements set by the Australian Government.
Once you meet all the eligibility requirements, you can apply for a Student Visa...
Don't panic! Study Destination is here to help you through the whole process, accompanying you and making your life easier. Contact us and start making your dream come true!